Oil Filter Powder FACTORY, manufacturer, supplier
Since ancient times, there have been many fried foods in China, such as fried dough sticks with a long history, which is known as one of the "three treasures of breakfast" and has been prosperous ever since. In recent decades, with the popularity of instant noodles and the entry of foreign fast food into the Chinese market, we have come into contact with more and more fried food.
A few years ago, the media exposed that some fast food restaurants will use a substance called "oil filter powder" to treat the fried oil. It is said that the oil treated by oil filter powder can be reused as fresh oil. Many people are worried about the safety of oil filter powder, and some media report that this substance will cause cancer.
So what is oil filter powder?
Oil filter powder is a popular name in the market. The official name of this substance is "magnesium trisilicate". We call it "optimization treatment agent", which can better reflect its positioning. The finished oil filter powder has the characteristics of fine particles, microporous crystal structure and large specific surface area. It is very suitable to be used as filter aid in food industry.
The Joint Committee of experts on food additives of the World Health Organization and the food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations clearly stipulates that "magnesium trisilicate" can be used as food processing additives. Appendix C of the latest edition of hygienic standard for the use of food additives (GB2760-2011) also clearly allows magnesium trisilicate to be used as food processing additives.
Usage and dosage of oil filter powder
According to the new and old degree of oil, the depth of color and different requirements for decolorization, add about 1 kg of filter powder according to 100 kg of crude oil, heat and stir continuously, and fully absorb, flocculate and settle.
After a period of time, the fine particles in the oil will gradually settle to the bottom of the pot, and the oil will gradually be clear. However, in order to completely clarify, it must go through "microfiltration", and then filter the oil filter powder from the oil, so that the oil does not contain oil filter powder. The treated grease can reach the clarity and brightness of secondary barreled grease.
Function of oil filter powder
After frying for a period of time, the oil will have some obvious changes: the color will deepen, and carbonized suspended particles (small particles of starch, protein, etc. dropped from fried food) can be seen in the oil. There are also some changes that cannot be observed by the naked eye: the increase of acid value, the increase of peroxide value, the formation of polar molecular products in oil, etc.
- Adding oil filter powder into oil and stirring can adsorb suspended particles in oil and neutralize free fatty acids.
- In addition, the oil filter powder can also partially adsorb the pigment in the oil. After a period of reaction, filter out the oil filter powder adsorbed with suspended particles and pigments, and the frying oil will become clear.
- This adsorption filtration treatment has a certain positive significance for frying oil, because the carbonized particles in the oil will make the oil black, cause food bitter, destroy the appearance of food, hinder heat transfer and so on.
- In addition, these particles will also act as peroxides, which will accelerate the oxidative decomposition rate of oil.
- Therefore, treating the frying oil used for a period of time with oil filter powder can prolong the service life of frying oil.
This treatment method is also the standard operating procedure of most frying industries around the world. Consumers do not have to worry that the oil filter powder will have adverse effects on their health.
If you are looking for an Oil Filter Powder FACTORY, manufacturer, supplier, we hope be your first choice.
Maybe you are also interested in: